Wednesday, October 09, 2013

SVG Project...


Here is a project about the town I live in, Stavanger Norway, or in airport parlance SVG. SVG is more hip with the kids, like NWA or J-Lo.

Basically I'm doing quick typographic studies with various styles applied to this acronym. In doing so I’m endeavoring to capture facets of what the modern Stavanger is like. I think one of the great abilities of (good) art is that it informs the viewer about some aspect of the time in which it was created, often hundreds or thousands of years after events have moved on.

Thousands of years from now, post apocalyptic space monkeys will be probing the dusty remains of my hard drive and have themselves a healthy monkey chuckle when they see how I applied sunny beach livery to a town not really renowned for its sun or beaches… That’s the goal anyway…



No comments: